BIG DATA INTEGRATION AND GOVERNANCE
Akvelon helps you integrate big data into your enterprise, ensuring that it is both trusted and protected. Implementing the latest innovations helps you build confidence in big data, make well founded decisions, and take decisive actions to accelerate your information-intensive projects.
Here are a few ways Akvelon helps with Big Data Integration:
- Understanding pertinent information
- Analyzing the data and its relationships
- Sharing definitions and policies across projects
- Despite complexity, governing big data based on business needs
- Improving information
- Delivering accurate, current data, with consistency across master data entities
- Managing information throughout its life cycle
- Documenting its lineage (secure and protecting it)
- Acting on information
- Accelerating projects by enabling confidence, adapting quickly to change, and making high-value information continuously available
Akvelon keeps information aggregates and news publishers competitive by providing near real-time monitoring of massive amounts of web information. With Akvelon, you get cost-effective web data extraction, as well as integration and automation to drive your information services and offerings. Akvelon provides precision data extraction to insure accuracy and help drive down costs, while commanding high value for the information you provide.
HYBRID BIG DATA INTEGRATION
An all-round big data integration offering will enable you to input, output, manipulate, and report on data using Hadoop and NoSQL stores, including: Apache Cassandra, Hadoop HDFS, Apache Hive, Apache HBase, and MongoDB.
Akvelon’s Big Data Integration Solutions provide easy job orchestration across Hadoop, Amazon EMR, MapReduce, Pig scripts, NoSQL databases and traditional data stores.
Finally, for Hadoop, we run in-Hadoop as MapReduce, leveraging your investment in Hadoop’s massively parallel distributed data storage and processing across the cluster.
Akvelon’s data governance process is needed to oversee development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of all standards relating to data. Our data governance structure is formed to ensure that the authority to manage the data is properly delegated.
Akvelon’s governance management team outlines the cause and effect of poor data in the organization. With this knowledge, we can develop solutions to the problems and adopt a means to monitor and evaluate the implementation of those solutions.
Our data governance management team consists of business and IT associates whose common goals are to ensure the data’s quality, integrity, and usability.
Our Data Stewards create standard definitions for data, establishes authority to create, read, update and delete data, ensures consistent and appropriate usage of data, provides subject matter expertise in the resolution of data issues, educates developers and end users on the data standards and the importance of data quality, and ensures data compliance via project development and problem resolution.
There are three distinct types of data stewards:
- Business Stewards are subject matter experts (SMEs) who represent the interests and needs of the functional units of the business They also define the business rules for their associated area.
- Application Stewards are SMEs who know and understand each application, as well as declare the business rules associated with that application.
- Quality Stewards are SMEs who are responsible for procedures and processes that ensure the quality of data, as well as define the business rules by which the quality is established and/or measured.
We have plenty of experience with Big Data!