Streamlined Tracking Service (Portable Application and Website)
BrokerScan is a software development company that offers high value, easy to use technical business solutions. The company has management expertise in developing web and database applications and creating custom business and technical solutions.
The client was seeking additional features and improvements for the Alpha release of its Retail Audit Solution. The software was created to track warehouse items by PDA, scan barcodes, and synchronize data through a wireless connection.
Akvelon implemented new functionality, making critical improvements to the BrokerScan software, such as:
- Scan function to quickly scan and capture item-related information, including:
- Set size
- Shelf price
- Number of facings
- Shelf placement
- Information about competitor SKUs
- Additional user-defined fields
- Sync function to synchronize PDAs with the BrokerScan server through a wireless connection.
- Report function for instant access to any data from the distribution report library, including:
- Actual store by store distribution as compared to the Master and Retailer Authorized Lists
- Distribution Progression ( gain vs. loss in distribution since the last audit)
- Dates of recent audits
- Stores missing recent audits
- Price comparison reports (minimum and maximum prices)
- Competitive brand reports
- Data Security function to protect and secure data through SSL connections and password protection. Data is centralized and secured by automatic daily server backups.
Benefits and Results
- Improved employee performance. The user-friendly interface and easy-to-use features help sales personnel access key data and information more effectively.
- Improved data security. Mobile devices synchronize with the server requiring a personal login name and password.
- Increased convenience. Their PDA tracking system, together with a wireless connection, is used to obtain, update, and synchronize item data remotely. Distribution data can be accessed instantly at any portable or desktop device through the libraries.
- Increased efficiency for preparing reports. Reports can be created on demand, saving days or weeks compared to the traditional way. This dynamic system allows making instant report updates and distribution changes.
Our team also created a list of further improvements to be implemented in subsequent versions of the application:
- Automated key reporting areas to reduce costs and time required to prepare reports.
- Dynamic data storage to compile and compare reports across different periods and show distribution gains and losses.
- Multi access to the report libraries to view “the big picture.”
- Single Master Report functionality to create master reports by quickly compiling and summarizing the territory reports.
- Extensive library of pre-built reports to speed up report compilations.