Portal with Mapping Capability
One of the primary concerns for many real estate professionals is the combination of geospatial and informational services into one single, easy-to-use system that would increase efficiency and quality.
To address this concern, Akvelon designed and developed a solution based on the web portal with extended mapping capability (QuickMaps).
Our team created a unique software architecture to meet system requirements and create a foundation for further extensibility.
The solution provides reach functionality, including:
- Up-to-Date, Detailed, Fully Routable Maps - Maps contain full coverage of metropolitan and rural areas. They also contain detailed information of highways, interstates, business and residential roads, and many other features.
- Interactivity - The map viewer allows users to view multiple map services online. Their navigation is designed to browse the entire chosen map with no page refresh required. QuickMaps includes multiple features:
- Display one or more map services in a single view
- Perform simple operations, such as measure a distance or calculate an area
- Identify attribute information of features in map service
- Smart Updates Feature - QuickMaps has unique smart-update functionality. This feature loads data once and automatically updates throughout the entire map session.
Projected Benefits and Results
- Improved performance with new features, including: unique "geographic engine" for accelerated interaction between servers and clients, multiple map layers (over 30 at the moment), and automatic map updates.
- Reduced costs with use of integrated data storage and accurate geospatial information.
- Increased efficiency and user experience due to convenient navigation, easy-to-use functionality, and a rich geospatial library.