[vc_row row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern” css_animation=””][vc_column][vc_column_text]
MeowTalk by Akvelon is © 2020 by Akvelon Inc., All Rights Reserved
November, 2020[spacer height=”20px”]
Welcome to MeowTalk, a service provided by Akvelon, collectively referred to as “Akvelon”, “Product”, “Service”, “Application” “we”, “our” and “us”.[spacer height=”20px”]
Your privacy is important to us, so the goal of this policy is to be transparent about what information Akvelon collects, uses, and shares.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We only collect information that is critical to the delivery of our Services to you, our customer. All of the information collected directly by us is listed below:
- Email address – this serves as the username for the MeowTalk account
- User first and last Name
- Cat profile information – cat name, date of birth, breed, and profile picture
- Audio recordings of cat vocalizations
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
a) Information you provide
- Email address: You provide your email address in order to log in to the service.
- First and Last name: You provide your first and last name as part of the account creation process.
- Cat profile information: When creating a cat profile, you may provide the cat’s name, date of birth, breed, and profile picture.
- Support and Correspondence: You may provide Personal Data in connection with user support and inquiries from our website. User support histories are maintained for so long as the associated account is not deleted, and for a reasonable period thereafter, in case you decide to use our services again (See Log data needed for support team section).
- Feedback: If you provide us with Feedback, we will collect your email address in order to respond to you.[spacer height=”20px”]
b) Data collected by the Technology
- Usage data: We collect data about the use of the Services (for example, operating system version number, use of features, active time spent on the service and application and number of active users) in order to provide and improve the Services.
- Intent recognition results: We collect the resulting scores produced by the cat vocalization and intent recognition models. This information is needed to measure accuracy of the models and improve the service.
- Cat vocalizations: The MeowTalk applications will, when activated, detect and collect cat vocalizations in the form of audio recordings. These recordings are used by you to play back the recorded sounds through the applications and they are used to improve the accuracy of the service. [spacer height=”20px”]
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We use credentials to sign in to the MeowTalk service.
- Labeling Data, Intent recognition results, and Cat vocalization audios are used to measure and improve the accuracy of the service.
HOW WE STORE DATA AND PROTECT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information we collect as part of the service is stored in Google Cloud. While Akvelon uses best practices within the Google Cloud platform, the security of the service is ultimately ensured by the controls provided by the Google Cloud platform.
- Cat vocalization recordings are stored as long as the information is useful for improving the accuracy of the service.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) AND USAGE IN THE EUROPEAN UNION (EU)
MeowTalk is in a Beta development phase, and Akvelon intends to add user controls to limit and remove cat vocalization data on demand. If you have concerns about data retention, please uninstall this app until we announce full GDPR compliance.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
Akvelon will never sell your Personal Data or use it except as stated in this Policy. We share your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- Affiliates: This Policy applies to all entities that are owned by, or under common control with, Akvelon, Inc. (“Affiliates”). We can share Personal Data among Affiliates as required to provide the Services and respond to requests.
- Corporate Restructuring: If Akvelon, Inc. or its business or assets are acquired by, or merged into, another company, that company will possess any Personal Data in our possession at such time, and will assume our rights and obligations under this Policy. Accordingly, we may share Personal Data in connection with any such transaction. Personal Data and other information may also be transferred as a business asset in the event of Akvelon’s insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- Other Disclosures: Regardless of your choices regarding Personal Data, Akvelon may disclose your Personal Data (a) where required to comply with law enforcement directives, applicable laws or governmental orders; (b) if we believe in good faith that doing so is necessary to protect our rights or the Services.
PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
Akvelon takes data security very seriously and implements the industry’s best practices and policies. Company secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, loss or disclosure. Company secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Akvelon stores your information for as long as your account is active, and for a reasonable period thereafter, in case you decide to use our services again.[spacer height=”20px”]
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Akvelon collects information internationally, and uses hosting and cloud computing infrastructure located primarily in the United States to transfer, process and store information. We use robust physical, organizational, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard Personal Data, and we regularly re-assess and revise our policies and practices to improve security. While we go to great lengths to protect your Personal Data, no method of data transmission or storage is totally secure; therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data in our control. If you believe your Personal Data may have been compromised by us or the use of the Services, please contact our help center immediately.
YOUR DATA RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The following is a summary of choices you can make to exercise your data rights:[spacer height=”20px”]
- Opt out of promotional communications
You have the right to opt out of receiving any promotional communication. To unsubscribe from our newsletter, or other promotional emails, use the link at the bottom of the message. You can also contact us directly to have your information removed from our promotional contact list. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe, you will continue to receive non-promotional, transactional messages regarding your account and other essential services.
- Right to be forgotten
You have the right to be forgotten which means that, at any time, you can request that Akvelon permanently delete all applicable data records, including your profile information, both personal and financial, along with any user-created content. In some cases, we may need to retain partial information to fulfil our legal responsibilities, or to complete ongoing financial transactions.
- Data portability
You have the right, at any time, to request and receive the information that you have provided to Akvelon. We will provide you with your information, in a machine-readable format, so that you can make use of it in other contexts, or with other service providers.
- Request that we stop using your information
Akvelon Inc. may periodically update this Policy. The most current version of the policy will always be here.[spacer height=”20px”]
For more information on this or any other of our Policies, please contact us at:
3120 139th Avenue SE, Suite 100
Bellevue, WA 98005
Tel: +1 (206) 905-4626[/vc_column_text][spacer height=”20px”]