InDemand Interpreting Clarity
InDemand Interpreting is a technology-enabled language service organization committed to improving the performance of their clients’ language access programs. As a leading video remote interpreting (VRI) provider solely dedicated to the Healthcare industry, their vision is to ensure that every patient receives the highest quality healthcare, regardless of language, cultural background, or hearing ability.
By delivering the most experienced medical interpreters and highest quality video technology, they offer healthcare providers language access that ensures compliance, drives more effective operations, and increases access to higher quality care for limited English proficient (LEP), Deaf, and hard of hearing (HOH) patients.
InDemand Interpreting needed to launch their new Video Remote Interpreting Service Clarity 1.0 at full capacity. However, only 30% of their customer base was able to use the product as it lacked stability under heavier loads and the rest of their clients were using the older system. It was crucial to raise stability and reliability while designing and implementing the new business features.
Akvelon successfully helped increase the reliability of the newly created system and helped InDemand transfer all their user base to the new system. Despite difficulties such as lack of documentation and architecture diagrams and the legacy codebase of this new system, Akvelon provided several key aspects such as:
- Created documentation on the key services and functional units.
- Proposed strict Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) approach, using best practices of CI/CD, Git Flow, code review, UI auto testing, documentation.
- Refactored several key services, increasing stability and performance.
- Implemented a new logging service that helped to investigate and locate issues that were reproduced only under heavy load.
- Leveraged MS Azure VM infrastructure to simulate a considerable number of conferences that helped to mitigate intermittent bugs.
Beside maintaining already implemented functionality, our team has implemented many new features as well, such as 3rd party API and UI Widget for integration, and iPhone/iPad client.
Benefits and Results
Akvelon was responsible for 2 project stages before the acquisition of InDemand Interpreting by Stratus Video:
- Existing/Old Clarity v1.0 Platform Stabilization & Improvements
InDemand Interpreting needed to launch their new Video Remote Interpreting Service Clarity 1.0 in its full capacity. However, only 30% of their customer base was able to use the product as it had a lack of stability under heavier loads. The other 70% of the clients were using the older system. It was crucial to raise stability and reliability, as well as improve design and implementation of new business features.
- Development of the New Clarity v2.0 Platform to provide Video Remote Interpreting services with robust, scalable, cross-platform, and high-performance characteristics taken into account. The legacy platform has a lack of these characteristics, thus making it almost impossible to expand the customer base, as well as spread the business into new domains other than medical.