The client is a virtual healthcare company dedicated to providing better ways for healthcare organizations to efficiently manage and engage with their colleagues, patients, and members.
The client offers a healthcare communication platform that enhances the telehealth marketplace by uniting several methods of communication between healthcare staff and patients within a single platform. The client realized that they needed to augment their team in order to develop, evolve, and maintain their platform. Their newly augmented team would need to extend their platform to enable the unification of disparate healthcare providers under one platform, including foreign providers and patients. Additionally, their team would need to improve their platform’s UI/UX designs and introduce CI/CD and unit testing to bring stronger stability and a better release schedule.
Akvelon extended the client’s team with a squad of eight highly experienced software engineers, mobile app engineers, and architects to cover their requested business needs.The client’s augmented team was able to complete the following:
- Performed optimization and functionality extension of the platform. Developed a cross-enterprise communication feature that allows users from different enterprises, departments, and hospitals to communicate.
- Developed an Away Status Lock Screen feature that locks the screen when the user is inactive for a specified amount of time, helping to keep confidential information secure.
- Redesigned the UI/UX of existing mobile applications for patients and medical staff.
- Architected and fully developed new 64-bit mobile apps on React Native.
- Developed a survey feature that allows the client’s customers to schedule and conduct patient assessments on a regular basis, view reports to control the progress of an assessment, and is able to recognize if the patient’s condition begins to worsen and if immediate intervention is needed.
- Migrated client’s services from one communication platform to an alternate platform with improving scalability, customer experience, and security of the solution.
- Designed and developed integration solutions with third-party healthcare system that allows client’s customers to extend their capabilities.
- Refined reporting subsystem and developed new easy-to-understand reports.
- Improved security features of the client’s mobile apps.
- Developed a CI/CD process for the client’s entire mobile codebase.
- Established automated test coverage that covered large portions of the platform’s code, guaranteeing better product quality.
Benefits and Results
With the help of Akvelon’s team extension, the platform was successfully developed. The healthcare communications platform consists of three web applications, two mobile applications, and a unifying backend platform that allow medical specialists, patients, and caregivers to contact each other using secure messages, video calls, and on-demand messages including SMS and emails, based on the client’s requested functionality, resulting in the following benefits:
- Increased referrals resulting from their consumers’ positive reaction towards the platform.
- A reduction in travel expenses for consumers as a result of communication options that the client’s platform offered including secured messages, video calls, and on-demand messages.
- Improved consumer experience through successful UI/UX redesign of the client’s existing mobile applications for patients and medical staff.
- Improved security of the client’s platform with the development of the Away Status Lock Screen feature and the improvement of several security features for the client’s mobile apps.
Python, Flask, Redis, Celery, GraphQL, AWS S3, AWS RDS, Jenkins, React.js, React Native, Apollo, Semantic UI, Formik, Yup, Storybook, Axios, Redux, Selenium, Groovy, Java, Zephyr, Appium