Python/Go SDE with DevOps skills
Akvelon Inc. (USA) works in the field of software engineering based on a variety of technologies. Our company is a member of the vendor program, which gives employees the opportunity to work with clients in the United States and other countries (Microsoft, Facebook, Airbnb, Dropbox, Pinterest, and many others). This is a great opportunity to learn from and work with leading engineers of world-renowned companies.
Our client is a cutting-edge technology company specializing in cloud-based file storage, synchronization, and collaboration services. With their products, users can seamlessly store and share files in the cloud, ensuring accessibility from any device with an internet connection. It offers a convenient and reliable solution for storing, accessing, and collaborating on digital content.
Recently, our DevOps team orchestrated the migration of both stateless and stateful services to Kubernetes, ensuring a seamless transition. The objective was to enhance durability, fortify security, and simplify scalability by migrating all services and features. The migration is currently 95% complete, and the team is engaged in various debugging, problem-solving, and improvement tasks.
- To ensure a minimum overlap with the Pacific Standard Time (PST) zone, availability is required between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM PST (6 PM - 9 PM CET).
- You have the flexibility to start your workday later, but this time window is mandatory for coordination.
- Leverage strong Python and/or Golang expertise to develop and maintain custom solutions tailored to project requirements.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a rapid adaptation to varying project needs, given that all implementations are custom and intentional, serving specific purposes.
- Delve into documentation and conduct thorough investigations to effectively operate with a diverse array of custom solutions.
- Proactively identify and address challenges, contributing to effective problem-solving within the project's environment.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Uphold high standards of code quality, adhere to best practices, and contribute to continuous improvement.
- You should have solid experience in software development, particularly with Python and Golang since all services and APIs are written in either or both of them.
- Demonstrated capability to conduct thorough comprehensive investigations is essential, enabling the effective operation with a diverse range of custom solutions.
- Extensive hands-on experience in orchestrating containers using Kubernetes and Docker, as this proficiency is integral to optimizing application deployment, scaling, and management.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate cross-functionally with strong written and verbal skills, and demonstrate transparency in project updates.
- Skills in AWS services are beneficial.
- Paid vacation, sick leave
- Official state holidays
- Professional growth while attending challenging projects and the possibility to switch your role, master new technologies and skills with company support
- Flexible working schedule: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
- Personal Career Development Plan (CDP)
- Employee support program (Discount, Care, Heals, Legal compensation)
- Paid external training, conferences, and professional certification that meets the company’s business goals
- Internal workshops & seminars
- Possibility of relocation to the USA
Please send your resume / questions to our mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We will be glad to see you in our team!
career at Akvelon
Get updated by subscribing to our newsletter
Grow your network and learn more about Akvelon