08 Mar Case Study: Query Classifier Tool
Our client is a business and technology consulting firm.
- Refactor the front-end code of the web application on Angular, fix bugs.
- users’ web page error handling.
- Add administrator interface.
- Configure rights system based on Azure Active Directory;
- Implement UI search for items in the table using the Elasticsearch component from MS Azure.
- Set up a secure HTTPS connection using Let’s Encrypt.
- Refactor the server code on the Node.js, configure the the logging of errors.
- Updated Angular from version 5 to the latest version 7, refactored the front-end code according to Google’s guidelines, fixed bugs, replaced the self-written code with the use of built-in functions of Angular and open-source libraries (WS, @angular/material, rxjs, adal-angular5, ngx-permissions, fontawesome).
- Rewritten the UI from the old version of Bootstrap to the latest version of Material Ui, leaving only the grid from Bootstrap.
- Simplified the interface with the application, instead of navigating to individual pages implemented interactive dialogs.
- Implemented user error handling and displaying error messages to the user.
- Designed the administrator interface from zero point according to the general style of the application.
- Implemented a system of rights based on Azure Active Directory.
- Implemented UI search for items in the table using the Microsoft Azure Search service, configured the correct displaying of paging.
- Set up a secure connection via HTTPS using the service Let’s Encrypt.
- Refactored the server code on the Node.js, set up logging of errors.
- Rewrote the parsing code of the CSV-file with a set of customer data (about 100 thousand records), implemented the ability to notify the user about the parsing progress using the WebSocket Protocol.
Benefits and Results
- Our client got a well-structured front-end code, written in accordance with Google guidelines.
- We reduced the amount of front-end and back-end code. The application’s stability and speed were increased.
- The client’s app runs on the latest versions of the popular open-source libraries, which simplifies its support.
- The application has a modern, user-friendly and intuitive design.
- Our client highly appreciated Akvelon’s expertise and took our developers to its next project.
Angular, Node.js, Material UI, Azure Active Directory, Azure Search, Let’s Encrypt, WebSocket