Our client is a business and technology consulting firm.
- Refactor the front-end code of the web application on Angular, fix bugs.
- users’ web page error handling.
- Add administrator interface.
- Configure rights system based on Azure Active Directory;
- Implement UI search for items in the table using the Elasticsearch component from MS Azure.
- Set up a secure HTTPS connection using Let’s Encrypt.
- Refactor the server code on the Node.js, configure the the logging of errors.
- Updated Angular from version 5 to the latest version 7, refactored the front-end code according to Google’s guidelines, fixed bugs, replaced the self-written code with the use of built-in functions of Angular and open-source libraries (WS, @angular/material, rxjs, adal-angular5, ngx-permissions, fontawesome).
- Rewritten the UI from the old version of Bootstrap to the latest version of Material Ui, leaving only the grid from Bootstrap.
- Simplified the interface with the application, instead of navigating to individual pages implemented interactive dialogs.
- Implemented user error handling and displaying error messages to the user.
- Designed the administrator interface from zero point according to the general style of the application.
- Implemented a system of rights based on Azure Active Directory.
- Implemented UI search for items in the table using the Microsoft Azure Search service, configured the correct displaying of paging.
- Set up a secure connection via HTTPS using the service Let’s Encrypt.
- Refactored the server code on the Node.js, set up logging of errors.
- Rewrote the parsing code of the CSV-file with a set of customer data (about 100 thousand records), implemented the ability to notify the user about the parsing progress using the WebSocket Protocol.
Benefits and Results
- Our client got a well-structured front-end code, written in accordance with Google guidelines.
- We reduced the amount of front-end and back-end code. The application’s stability and speed were increased.
- The client’s app runs on the latest versions of the popular open-source libraries, which simplifies its support.
- The application has a modern, user-friendly and intuitive design.
- Our client highly appreciated Akvelon’s expertise and took our developers to its next project.
Angular, Node.js, Material UI, Azure Active Directory, Azure Search, Let’s Encrypt, WebSocket
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay updated with tech trends,
our company news and case studies