One of the primary concerns for many real estate professionals is that previously there was no way to combine geospatial and informational services into one single, easy-to-use system that would increase efficiency and quality.
To address this concern, Akvelon designed and developed a solution based on the web portal with extended mapping capability (QuickMaps).
Our team created a unique software architecture to meet system requirements and create a foundation for further extensibility.
The solution provides reach functionality, including:
- Up-to-date, detailed, fully routable maps – Maps contain full coverage of metropolitan and rural areas. They also contain detailed information of highways, interstates, business and residential roads, and feature much more.
- Interactivity – The map viewer allows users to view multiple map services online. Their navigation is designed to browse the entire chosen map with no page refresh required. QuickMaps includes multiple features:
- Display one or more map services in a single view
- Perform simple operations such as measure a distance or calculate an area
- Identify attribute information of features in map service.
- Smart Updates Feature – QuickMaps has unique smart-update functionality. This feature loads data once, and automatically updates throughout the entire map session.
Benefits and Result
- Improved performance with new features, including: unique “geographic engine” for accelerated interaction between servers and clients, multiple map layers (over 30 to the moment ) , and automatic map updates.
- Reduced costs with use of integrated data storage and accurate geospatial information.
- Increased efficiency and user experience due to convenient navigation, easy-to-use functionality, and a rich geospatial library.