08 Mar Case Study: Retail Point of Sales System
Our client is one of the biggest computer software and consumer electronics company in the world.
- Retail system’s complex software solution improvements implementation for Retail Enterprise, aimed at maintaining of functionality extensibility points.
- Update and unification of packages, which are used in the system for correct operation on mobile apps
- Bug-fixes and improvements of current bugs in the system.
In addition to bug-fixing, implementation of improvements and different tests writing, we can highlight the following solutions:
- Developing a Task Recorder for POS from zero point.
- Developing an app “Peripheral Simulator” from zero point to the almost fully completion. It is a simulator of devices connected to the cash register. Later, on the basis of this application was implemented POS Simulator – application for testing real, not virtual devices.
- Developers made a big contribution into Point of Sale Extensibility implementation – framework for custom extensions embedding. We have developed an API and big number of samples.
- Akvelon is currently working on ensuring application performance on mobile devices.
Benefits and Result
- Numerous fixes of bugs and minor features
- Task recorder in Retail Modern POS or Cloud POS provides a flexible API for extensibility and seamless integration with consumers of business process recordings.
- Peripheral Simulator is provided primarily to support testing of scenarios that usually require physical POS peripheral devices
- POS Simulator is used to test the compatibility of physical peripheral devices with Retail without having to deploy the POS client.