01 Feb Case Study: Dynamics CRM Add-in for EBS
While working with standard CRM systems like Microsoft Dynamics CRM, users are looking for a convenient way to access common administrative features and entities from a single location. In addition, users need to have control over Microsoft Dynamics CRM infrastructure from the Windows EBS console through a familiar user interface.
Akvelon has developed Dynamics CRM Add-in for EBS to address these user needs.
Akvelon’s CRM Console gives users control over common administrative functions allowing them to:
- Access CRM server information
- View and enable or disable CRM organizations
- View and edit CRM business unit information
- Enable or disable CRM business units
- Create new CRM business units directly from the EBS console
- View and edit CRM team information
- Remove CRM teams
- Create new CRM teams using the EBS console
- View and edit CRM user information
- Enable or disable CRM users
- Add new users to CRM from the EBS console
Benefits and Results
- Reduced total cost of ownership by simplifying and streamlining common CRM management tasks.
- Optimized workflow using a unified entry point for viewing, accessing, and monitoring Microsoft Dynamics CRM server infrastructure and resources.
- Tracks multiple CRM applications