The client is a software company which provides solutions to connect and centrally manage legal applications in legal firms. These solutions improve attorney’s ability to track billable time, ensure the confidentiality of client data and maximize staff productivity. With over 150 deployments and a vibrant community of technology and service partners, the client’s solution has been embraced and endorsed as the legal industry standard.
The client was searching for a partner who could address their growing technology needs both quickly and cost effectively. The partner had to comply with the following requirements:
- US based company bound by US law on privacy and PII handling requirements.
- Provide local project management while utilizing off-site test and development for low rates.
- Capable of scaling team size up or down on short notice.
- Possess demonstrated expertise in the companies development technologies.
- State of the art processes in development, test, and project management.
- Very stable team with low staff turnover rate and high knowledge retention
Build an application which provides a single point of control for managing security of documents in multiple DMS’ (document management systems) for legal firms.
Benefits and Results
Akvelon successfully delivered on the development needs for the client. The solution consisted of a server adapter, an add-on, and a reporting system that was deployed to client as web part. The Akvelon provided solution allowed the client to reduce development cost by 45% on average and reduce time to market by 12-14 month while keeping its core team focused on delivering highest levels of customer service.
Microsoft SharePoint 2007-2010, .NET, HTML, CSS. Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, SharePoint Designer
Libraries: QUARTZ.net, LOG4NET, LINQ, SSRS, WCF