Fidelity National Information Services (FIS) is a leading financial service provider based in the United States. FIS provides major financial institutions with balk mortgage resale validation services utilizing its powerful and reliable data processing and analysis tools.
FIS was looking for a partner who could address their growing technology needs both quickly and cost effectively, and improve their software suite of mortgage-related applications, StratTree™, and StratQ™.
The partner had to meet the following requirements:
- Provide local project management while utilizing off-site testing and development for low blended rates
- Capable of scaling a team size up or down on short notice
- Obtain a US based company bound by US law on privacy and PII handling requirement
- Possess rooted expertise in Microsoft development technologies
Akvelon was quickly selected as a partner.
To address the client’s needs, Akvelon assembled an onsite/ off-site team that became the client’s primary technology arm. Akvelon provided ongoing implementation, support, and execution of critical end-to-end projects. Akvelon also developed a proprietary method of communication, creating a feedback mechanism that simplifies software maintenance and updates.
Akvelon designed and implemented new components to the existing system, including:
- Communication protocol updates
- Error report system (ERS) improvement
- Processing tools and utilities
- New software layer for a command-based communication between servers and clients
- Complete backward compatibility
Benefits and Results
- Developed state-of-the-art processes in development, test, and project management
- Provided zero staff turn over
- Provided the ability to rapidly scale the team size
- Provided specific expertise and domain knowledge
- Provided complete insight into each individual contributor
- Allowed access to top notch talent that improved the overall quality of decision making and delivery
- Reduced development costs
- Increased system efficiency with upgraded ERS, which creates a safer data environment as well as reduces vulnerability to data theft.
- Improved the quality of data transfers through cross-platform, message-oriented communication mechanisms. This includes sending small messages and large data blocks between servers and remote clients.
Visual Studio, .NET 2008, SQL Server 2005, Languages: C#, VB.NET, OS: Windows Server 2003